Thursday, January 26, 2012

Your Name & Idea Here

For a number of reasons, some of which aren't controllable, I don't have a guest post for today. There are a few lovely people who have agreed to write posts for me, but for whom now is not a good time. I want to continue the general schedule that has worked so well for this blog for the last six months - one post from me and one post from a guest per week, with the monthly pop culture/just for fun post to mix things up - but I need help. That's where you come in.

Established Libr* Professionals:
Do you have some piece of advice that you wish you'd gotten when you were new to the library field? Is there something you wish you'd known about when you were in graduate school &/or training for the job you have right now? Even if you've written for my blog before, if you've got an idea for another post I'd love to hear from you.

Library Science Graduate Student & Newly Minted Librarians:
At the other end of the spectrum, if you're currently studying/training to enter the field or are a brand new librarian, do you have any questions you've always wanted to ask? Alternatively, is there a specific librarian or two who you think would write a fantastic post?

I have a few ideas I'm going to pursue, things that don't necessarily adhere to the parameters I've followed but that I believe would still fit the philosophy of this blog. However, here's my plea: please either comment here or email me (jessicarutholin at gmail dot com) with ideas, suggestions, and offers. Even if it's just a vague I'm-not-qualified-to-write-about-this-but-I've-always-wondered kind of thing, I want to hear from you.

And to say thank you for any and all contributions, here is a video of a ground squirrel wearing a tutu and doing pirouettes:


1 comment:

  1. Your #libpitch last night about the blog made me think about being in lib school and changing my focus of studies, then the changing tracks in the years following. How many of us look at where we are now and say "This isn't what I went to school for"?

    At least you are including squirrels in tutus. :)

    ReplyDelete