Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Being Gentle

I have a personal situation that is taking up most of the energy and focus I have that's not devoted to work, so I didn't have a post yet for today. I was going to try to read an article and crank out a post on that topic, but then I said to myself the thing I've been saying a lot to my friends lately: "Be gentle with yourself. You're doing the best you can right now." And I took a deep breath. And instead I'm going to tell you this: being gentle with yourself doesn't mean you don't hold yourself accountable. It just means that you don't berate yourself or drive yourself mercilessly. You are lovely and wonderful and complete, just as you are, at whatever stage of your path. Yes, strive for better, but support yourself as best you can.

To soften the blow of a super short blog post, here are some lovely videos and pictures and such:




No comments:

Post a Comment