Thursday, February 5, 2015

Just for Fun: I'm a Believer

For a very long time, I let myself feel shame about my love of one particular music artist, but at some point in the last couple of years I decided, "no more." And no, I don't love his music "ironically," and I don't say that because I actually know what "ironic" means. There's something comforting in his melodies, and I know all the words so I can sing along. Really, if you're honest with yourself, you'll probably admit there's at least one or two of his songs you know and hum along when it comes on the radio.

In case you want a few from which to pick:

From his recent album:


Or you could stick with classic Neil (a song I'll bet you all you know):


Perhaps one ND wrote that has been covered again and again?


Or how about this one that I own on vinyl?


It's well within your rights not to like his music, but even if you don't appreciate his work, you have to appreciate his work ethic. The man really does work hard at his craft, and it shows. I saw him in concert a couple of years ago, and it was one of the best live performances I'd seen in a while. His voice is still amazing at 74, and the man does not phone it in. He puts his heart into each song he performs, and best of all? He sings the songs that made him famous. Nothing worse than going to see a music act with a long career and finding that they'll only play their new stuff.

Say what you will about how hokey his music can be at times. I don't care. I'm still a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment