Thursday, May 2, 2013

First Thursday's Just For Fun: Thrift-a-holic

There's no two ways about it, I love thrifting. Secondhand stores and consignment shops and thrift stores and even antique malls... I love them all. Well, maybe not all, but the ones I dislike have more to do with the politics of their parent organizations than the content of the stores themselves. But that's neither here nor there for the purposes of this post.

Here are some of my favorite finds from recent years:


Surrealist Games
I found this one recently, at the New Castle Farmers Market. No, I haven't had a chance to play this game yet, but that doesn't lessen my joy in it. For those of you who aren't in the local area, and are wondering what the heck something like that was doing at a farmers market, I'm with you in your confusion. Apparently, it's a thing around here to combine flea markets and farmers markets. The result? Pure awesome.



This blue glass bowl came from Treasures Flea Market. I almost didn't stop there that day, but I had a little time to kill and decided to go.


I call her Blorpy.
My favorite thrifting find of all time is this oddity. It's a dragon made from wicker and metal, and it's wearing a babushka. She's also missing one ear, but I love her all the more for that flaw. Why did someone think this was a good idea? I have not a clue, but I don't care.

How about you? Any thrifters out there?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a thrifter for sure. I've found some darling dresses and our dining room hutch (which we still haven't painted in six months . . .) That blue bowl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete